When Aadhar was introduced among Indians it was optional but gradually it has become mandatory. It is also important to link PAN with Aadhaar card number to file an Income Tax Return. It has been observed by me that due to human mistake, an error occurs in some Aadhaar card details. Some people have issues with their wrong name spelling, in many cases, the date of your birth can be seen totally changed.
In this case, you would like to correct the information attached with your Aadhaar card. Many times your mobile number, home address and email address are also change due to some shifting from old home/city to another home/city. Because of its importance, you will come under pressure to update the Aadhar card details. The good thing is that there is a facility to make Aadhaar Card Update Online on the UIDAI website itself. Yeah! Now I can feel the smile on your face. So let’s get on the work without wasting your time.
To update these information on the Aadhar website, There are three facilities available there. If you wish, you can update the Aadhar Card online. Aadhaar card can also be updated by posting and visiting the enrolment Center. The website created for online Aadhar update is known as the Aadhar self-service update portal. For your convenience, we will tell you the information about the Aadhar card information online.
Make sure to update the Aadhar card online, you must have a mobile number which was registered with your Aadhar number. Because the OTP will be sent to the mobile number during the update process. If you do not have that mobile number then go to the Aadhar enrollment center and update it. Only then will you be able to update your Aadhar card online.
Here I want to make clear that Indian citizens can update their name, address, gender (gender), date of birth, mobile number and email address online only. For any other change, you have to go to the Aadhar Enrollment / Update Center.
how to update mobile number in Aadhar card? Follow the steps below.
1. Go to the Self-Service Update Portal first.
2. Write your Aadhar number here.
3. After this, you will get a One Time Password on the registered mobile number.
4. After this, enter OTP and go to Update portal.
Aadhar Data Update Requests:
5. After this, select the option that you want to update/improve.
6. The good thing is that you will be able to update all the options.
7. After choosing the option, the Aadhar update form will be available to you. Here you change the information according to your need. Here, information will also be updated in Hindi along with English.
8. Verify the new information you have given. After the inquiry is completed, click on the Submit Update Request.
Aadhar Update Document Upload:
9. As now you have applied for the change. You will have to upload documents related to it. Please note that there will be no need for any paperwork/Upload to make changes in email id, mobile number, and gender. But for a change in name, date of birth and address, you will have to give a document related to it.
10. You will require proof of identification to change the name. Documents are valid for identity card – passport, PAN card, ration / PDS photo card, voter ID and driving license. There are more documents in the list, please refer to the Aadhar update website.
11. To change the date of birth, you will have to give a photocopy of birth certificate, secondary board pass certificate or passport can be uploaded.
12. A proof of address will be required to change the address. These documents are valid – passport, bank statement, bank passbook, post office account passbook, ration card and voter card. Its list is also very long. please refer to the Aadhar update website.
13. Keep in mind below things while uploading the document.
a. You must upload the self-signed photocopy of the document provided in the proof.
b. Do not use the same document for two changes. For this, it would be better to give different documents.
Select BPO Service Provider after Uploading Documents.
14. After uploading the required papers, select the appropriate option from the BPO Service Provider.
15. Submit the request now.
16. After this, you will get an update request number. It’s Important, please write it down. You can download or print the acknowledgment copy of the update request from the website there.
17. Done! You can check After 15 or 30 Days online to download updated Aadhar card.
Hopefully, now you can easily update your Aadhar card online. Happy Surfing!